Get the low-down on all the announcements from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's press conference at gamescom 2012.
New games for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3
- Media Molecule, creators of the award-winning LittleBigPlanet series, revealed their intriguing new title for PS Vita, Tearaway.
- Brace yourself as the teen horror genre arrives on PS3 in the form of PlayStation Move exclusive Until Dawn.
- Japan Studio unveiled the strange fantasy world of new platformer Puppeteer on PS3.
- Also from Japan Studio, the dark fairy tale world of Rain will be exclusive to download from PlayStation Store to PS3.
- A brand new Killzone for PS Vita was announced and it promises to deliver the all-out action and stunning visuals we've come to expect from the iconic shooter.
The wonder of Wonderbook and PS Move
- Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler, the next title in the Wonderbook series, was showcased by Oscar®-winning Moonbot Studios.
- The beautiful game moves to the next level as EA SPORTS showed off FIFA 13 making full use of PS Move.
The biggest games are coming to PS Vita
- Activision gave the world its first proper glimpse of PS Vita exclusive title Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified which will be made available as part of a great value bundle.
- More great value bundles are coming to PS Vita featuring titles such as LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita.
- Ratchet & Clank: QForce from Insomniac Games was also confirmed for PS Vita.
- Four new gaming icons were revealed for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale: Sackboy, Dante from Devil May Cry, Spike from Ape Escape and the peerless Ratchet. Cross-Play and Cross-Save features were also announced, meaning you'll be able to play up to three friends who own the PS3 or PS Vita version of the game and get the freedom to start playing on PS3 before continuing on PS Vita and vice versa.
- From 28 August 2012, PS one Classics, including FINAL FANTASY VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2 will be available to download to PS Vita from PlayStation Store.
Get set for a great Christmas on PS3
- SCEE confirmed an exciting line-up of games for the festive season, including PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Ratchet & Clank: QForce, Sports Champions 2, DanceStar Party Hits, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, FIFA 13 and Assassin's Creed III, the last of which will include four PS3-exclusive downloadable missions at launch.
- The fantastic value PS3 Essentials range was also confirmed, so look out for the best of PS3 in the run-up to Christmas.
Play more with cross-platform features on PS3 and PS Vita
- Cross-Buy announced for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank: QForce, and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - purchase the game once on PS3 and download the PS Vita version at no extra cost.
- Cross-Controller revealed for LittleBigPlanet 2 on PS3, meaning that players will be able to play, create and share together using PS Vita as a controller.
PlayStation Plus expands
- The size of Online Storage is being increased to 1GB, over six times the current capacity.
- Rockstar Games' stunning Red Dead Redemption joins the line-up of games available at no extra cost in September 2012.
- Other titles confirmed as coming to PlayStation Plus include HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, which will be October 2012's game of the month, as well as titles from independent studios such as Retro/Grade, Big Sky Infinity and Knytt Underground.
- PlayStation Plus will also be coming to PS Vita this year.
PlayStation Mobile is coming
- New PlayStation Mobile developments were also announced at gamescom 2012 – it's now set to deliver PlayStation Certified games to an even greater number of devices.
- PlayStation Mobile will offer a wide range of portable gaming experiences thanks to the creativity of existing publishers combined with new ideas from the emerging talent of the gaming world.
- Games to look out for include Super Crate Box, Aqua Kitty, Samurai Beatdown, Passing Time, Slidinbeats and Flick Hockey.
Visit gamescom.eu.playstation.com to catch a replay of the SCEE press conference at gamescom 2012, and keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/gamescom on PC and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for all the latest from Europe's biggest video game show.