By entering the Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic™ online promotion (the "Competition") organised by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, of 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP (the "Promoter"), you (an "Entrant") will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- This promotion is open to residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom aged 14 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, or its affiliated companies, and anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Entries from agents, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will not be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
- You must have access to a computer with a scanner and internet connection to be able to take part in the Competition.
- The Competition is to design a new Rag Doll toy character for the Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic™ game. To enter, you must download an official template from one of the websites listed below, create your original design on the template, scan the template as a JPEG file and email your design to email@example.com together with your name, date of birth, email address and country of residence. The official templates must not be resized. Entries may only be submitted in JPEG format.
Design templates can be downloaded from:
- All entries will be reviewed by the Promoter upon receipt. Any entries that are indecent, immoral, defamatory, discriminatory, profane, portray illegal activities or appear to infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person will be disqualified. Each Entrant may submit one design only. Where the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe an Entrant has submitted more than one entry, only the first entry received by the Promoter will be eligible for entry into the Competition.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 23:59 BST on 12 July 2009 (the "Closing Date").
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry is all your own work, original and unpublished and that any materials or information used by you in creating your entry do not and will not infringe the intellectual property, moral or other rights of any third party and you agree to indemnify the Promoter from and against all claims, demands, costs, losses, expenses and damages arising in respect of any third party intellectual property infringement. You further warrant that you have not entered into (and shall not enter into) any agreement or arrangement and have not done (and shall not do) any act or thing which shall (or might) inhibit, restrict or impair the free and unrestricted use and exploitation of the intellectual property rights in the entry.
- On submission, entries and all materials created, developed or produced by the Entrant in connection with their entry shall become the property of the Promoter. The Entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter all intellectual property rights (including future rights) in their entry and otherwise arising in connection with their Entry. The Entrant also waives all moral rights in relation to their entry to which the Entrant may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended form time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world. Entrants agree to take all such action and sign all such documentation as may be necessary to give effect to this clause.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The winners will be notified by email within six weeks of the Closing Date.
- The winning entry will be converted into a character in the game which will be available to users of the Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic game. The winner will also receive a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and a voucher that can be redeemed at PlayStation®Store for one download of the game Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. Ten runners-up will each receive a voucher that can be redeemed at PlayStation®Store for one download of the game Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. The prizes must be accepted as offered and are not transferable or severable. No cash or other alternative will be offered in whole or in part and the Promoter shall make no payment whatsoever to the winners in relation to the use of the winning entries in the game. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes or any element of the prize with one of equivalent or greater value.
- By entering the Competition, the winners agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter and, in particular, agree to publication of their first name and country of residence on the Promoter's websites for 6 months from the date on which the winners are notified by email that they have won. The winners acknowledge that, in processing their data, the Promoter may disclose such information to other companies in its group and/or to other third parties engaged by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants will be deemed to consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter (being the data controller) for the purposes of the administration of the Competition and any other purposes to which the Entrant has consented.
- All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the prize and/or the Competition are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or howsoever in connection with any loss, damage or injury which is suffered as a direct or indirect result of the prize and/or the Competition except that the Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of the Promoter.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.