1. By participating in this promotion, you are deemed to accept these Rules and any together with any terms and conditions of any relevant PlayStation software and hardware.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the promoter and its group companies, their immediate families or agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. This promotion opens for entries on 9 September 2009 at 09:00 BST and closes for entries on 2 October 2009 at 23:59:59 BST.
4. To enter this promotion, you must record and upload a video of you performing a Take That song available from the SingStar® catalogue to My SingStar Online (the SingStar in-game community video gallery). You may enter this promotion as many times as you like but no entrant may win more than one prize.
5. Entrant will need a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system with network connection, a copy of a SingStar videogame and a webcam to be able to take part in this promotion.
6. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries which are lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal failure, network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
7. You confirm that your entry is all your own original work, that any materials or information used by you in creating your entry do not and will not infringe the intellectual property, moral or other rights of any third party and that you have not entered into any agreements with third parties that could impair the Promoter's rights to use your entry.
8. You must ensure that any person(s) whose image has been used in your entry has given their consent for the use of their image and has waived any rights they may have in the images, videos or other media submitted. If such persons are under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent. If you cannot produce evidence of the consents referred to above, you may be disqualified from the promotion and/or lose any prize.
9. Your entry must comply with the SingStar Code of Conduct (available in-game at My SingStar Online) and, in particular, must not contain any material that is indecent, immoral, defamatory, discriminatory, offensive, or portrays or encourages illegal activities. Any entry that contains such material will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit of these Rules or the intention of the promotion or if it suspects that an entrant has attempted to rig the vote and rating system.
Finalists, Winners and Prizes
10. Members of the My SingStar Online community will vote on entries and the five entries with the highest total ratings will be the "Finalists" and will win a place for them and one guest at the SingStar® Take That Extravaganza taking place at a private location in London on 22nd October 2009 (the "Extravaganza") and one night's accommodation for them and their guest in London. No travel, food or other expenses are included in the Finalists' prize. In the event that one entrant has more than one entry in the top five, only their highest rated entry will be considered and the entrant with the next most highly rated entry will take the remaining place in the top five.
11. The five Finalists will be judged by an independent judge will select the overall winner (the "Winner"). The Winner will win a 120g PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, a copy of the SingStar® Take That videogame signed by the band and a set of two wireless SingStar microphones. The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
12. The five Finalists will be notified by email to the email address linked to their Sony Entertainment Network account no later than Wednesday 8th October and must accept their place at the Extravaganza within 7 days of the notification. If a Finalist does not respond to the notification within this time, their place will lapse and will be awarded to the entrant who has posted the highest rated entry outside the top five.
13. The Winner will be notified at the Extravaganza. The Winner's prize will be dispatched by the Promoter by recorded delivery within 38 days of the notification but the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are dispatched later than this.
14. If the winner's prize is found to be defective or damaged on delivery, the Promoter must be notified in writing within 7 days of the delivery date, otherwise the prize will be deemed to be accepted as delivered. This does not affect your statutory rights (if any). Prizes are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. No cash alternatives will be offered.
Ownership and use of entries
15. On submission, your entry and all materials created, developed or produced by you in connection with your entry shall become the property of the Promoter. You hereby assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights (including future rights) in your entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry. You also waive all moral rights in relation to your entry to which you may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world. You agree to take all such action and sign all such documentation as may be necessary to give effect to this section 15.
17. All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the prize and/or the promotion are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which you suffer as a direct or indirect result of the prize and/or the promotion. However, the Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused as a result of its negligence.
19. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the winner's name and country of residence on the Promoter's website(s). The winner's details (name and country) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped SAE marked SingStar Take That Competition to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited, 13 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HP within ten weeks of the closing date specified above.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel a promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to update and/or amend these General Rules from time to time. Any updates or amendments will not apply to those promotions already underway when the changes are made.
22. These promotion rules shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
23. The Promoter is: Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited of 10 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7LP.