Terms and Conditions
1. The "Connected PS4 Plus" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 14 years or over who are residents of Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 29/01/2014 at 00:01 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 19/02/2014 at 23:59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") (previously known as PlayStation®Network) account, create one using their PlayStation®4 system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) sign into their SEN account;
c) visit the Competition web page at http://psplus.software.eu.playstation.com ("Site");
d) complete all data fields;
e) describe in no more than 100 words what they love about their PlayStation®4, in the text-box provided; and
f) click the "opt-in" button to receive PlayStation®Plus email updates.
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. There will be fifty (50) winners (each a "Winner"). Each Winner will be chosen by an independent judge who is not permitted to enter the competition; based upon the most creative descriptions submitted during the Competition Period.
11. The Promoter shall notify each Winner, by email to the email address linked to the SEN account they have used to enter the Competition, of their selection within fifteen (15) days of the Closing Date.
12. Each Winner will win a 3 Month PlayStation®Plus Membership, in the form of a voucher code, with a value of EUR 14.99 /CZK 390.00/ DKK 115.00/ NKK 119.00 / NOK 119.00/ PLN 59.00 / RUB 585.00 / SEK 145.00/ CHF 18.95 / GBP 11.99 ("Prize").
13. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their name and date of birth, within one (1) month of receiving it.
14. The subscription Prize shall automatically renew and each Winner shall be charged a recurring subscription fee on a three (3) monthly basis unless:
a) the Winner cancels their subscription prior to the end of the free trial period;
b) there is no credit or debit card attached to the Winner's SEN account; or
c) there are insufficient funds in the Winner's SEN wallet.
Entrants should refer to the full terms of service when they sign up, available at http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb-en/terms-of-service/.
15. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
16. PlayStation®Plus subscriptions only available to SEN account holders with access to high-speed internet. Users must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent - eu.playstation.com/legal. PlayStation®Plus content and services vary by subscriber age. Online features of specific games may be withdrawn on reasonable notice - eu.playstation.com/gameservers. Service availability is not guaranteed. At the end of your subscription, if you do not take any action, it will automatically renew in accordance with the SEN Terms of Service and you will be charged from funds in your SEN wallet. Full terms and conditions can be found in the SEN Terms of Service at http://eu.playstation.com/legal.
17. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of similar value.
18. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
19. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
21. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send the Prize, by email, to each Winner within five (5) days of receiving a Winner's details.
22. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's statutory rights (if any).
23. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner's name on the Promoter's website(s). Each Winner's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked "Connected PS4 Plus" to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
24. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
25. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
26. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
27. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
28. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.