|Release date:||30 April 2004|
Slip into Sven-Goran Eriksson's shoes and lead the England squad to international victory, in Codemasters' official game of the team.
England International Football gives you the chance to manage and control our national squad, and ultimately lead them to international glory. All 25 members of the England team (and their Swedish coach) participated in a special photo shoot and 3D modelling session for the game, resulting in some uncannily accurate virtual likenesses.
The game uses an enhanced version of the engine used in last year's ambitious Club Football, resulting in noticeable improvements to the shooting, dribbling and referee AI, as well as faster-paced gameplay.
Enter the European Championship mode and you'll be up against 20 of Europe's top national teams, or you could broaden your horizons further and take on an extra 12 teams - including Brazil, Argentina and Cameroon - in the World Cup-emulating International Cup mode.
If controlling the squad isn't enough for you, there's a chance to get really involved in the on-pitch action thanks to the Create-A-Player system. Recreate your appearance using the detailed editor and bless yourself with some essential skills, then drop yourself into the first 11 and start earning those caps!
Perform well on the pitch, and you'll amass a collection of unlockable rewards in the England Trophy Room, such as player profiles, photographs from over the years and even video clips - including England's infamous 5-1 triumph over Germany.
- Lead England to international glory with the only official football game of the national team
- Accurate likenesses of the England squad, with perfectly detailed home and away strips
- Create your own likeness and play as part of the first 11
- Features England crowd chants recorded from real matches and commentary from Gary Lineker and Barry Davies
- Seven game modes: European Championship, International League, International Cup, Exhibition, Quick Start, Custom Cup and Custom League