|Release date:||19 November 2004|
Peter Jackson's cinematic vision of J. R. R. Tolkien's mythic tale of Hobbits and Orcs spawns a role playing game that goes beyond the movies.
While the likes of Frodo, Aragorn and Gandalf were off saving Middle Earth from Sauron, there were other lives being played out, other evils threatening peace and other heroes being forged in the flames of battle. This is their story...
While the ring bearer heads for Mount Doom, you must build a party of adventurers from the likes of elves, dwarves and men and take on a valiant quest across Middle Earth. Your perilous journey will intersect with the major events in the films, giving you a deeper insight into the battle against the forces of Mordor.
Taking its cue from the Final Fantasy series, the game allows you to explore the wondrous realms of Middle Earth in third person splendour. As you enter combat, the scene shifts to a turn-based fighting style, common in Japanese RPGs. Utilise each character's unique attacks, abilities and items as the forces of the Two Towers attempt to halt your progress.
The Lord of the Rings is but part of the tale...
- Based on the blockbuster movie trilogy from Peter Jackson
- Go beyond the movies in an all-new adventure with all-new heroes
- Unique mix of exploration, puzzle solving and astounding, turn-based combat
- Learn what the heroes of the film were doing when not on screen
- From the makers of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King videogame