The curtain is lifted on the future of gaming. Here's your rundown on the news from PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York.
Discover what's been revealed so far about PlayStation 4, the new DUALSHOCK 4 controller and the initial games line-up. Once you're done here, head over to eu.playstation.com/ps4 for a closer look at the new system.
- PS4 promises games that can be experienced whenever, wherever and however you want, thanks to a system specially built to cater to the needs of the best developers in the world.
- You'll be able to play digital titles as they download from PlayStation Store, and update PS4 even when it is switched off.
- Immediately pick up any saved game where you left off – the "suspend mode" of PS4 gets rid of loading times and lets you carry on by simply pressing the power button.
- Gaikai technology will let you instantly try out sections of any game that catches your eye on PlayStation Store.
- Check out what your friends are up to and see the games, TV shows, movies and music recommended especially for you on the newly designed PS4 menu screen.
- Broadcast as you play via Ustream. If you get stuck, your mates can join in to help you or offer comments in real time.
- You can use a variety of applications, such as a web browser, while you play a game.
- Your favourite PS4 games will be playable on PlayStation Vita via Wi-Fi with Remote Play.
- Meanwhile, the new PlayStation App lets you turn your smartphone into a second screen – for example, to let you view a map or see how a friend is tackling the same part of a game.
- A new, built-in sensor will enable highly sensitive motion control.
- You'll be able to interact with games in new ways thanks to a touch pad on the front of the controller.
- Additional sound effects will come from an inbuilt speaker; a headset jack lets you hear these in detail as well as chat with friends.
- The controller's familiar dual analog sticks have been enhanced to provide better precision.
- New, curved L2 and R2 buttons will give you greater control.
- Upload images and video to Facebook with a tap of the new SHARE button.
- An LED Light Bar on the top of the controller will match the colour of in-game characters so players can keep track of each other. You'll also be able to spot when a character has been injured, for instance.
- A new camera has been developed alongside the controller, and tracks the location of DUALSHOCK 4 via its LED Light Bar.
- Killzone Shadow Fall: You play as an elite Shadow Marshal charged with keeping tensions between the Helghast and Vektans from boiling over.
- inFAMOUS: Second Son: Seattle is the setting and Delsin Rowe is the new hero with the ability to manipulate smoke.
- DriveClub: Social connectivity, cutting-edge graphics and the world's greatest supercars feature in the latest title from Evolution Studios.
- Knack: Turn into a gigantic fighting machine thanks to the power of ancient relics in this vibrant new adventure.
- Watch_Dogs: Learn what it is to have complete control over a hyper-connected city.
- The Witness: The latest puzzle game from Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid.
- Destiny: A brand new first person shooter from Bungie Studios.
- Other titles being readied include Capcom's Deep Down and Diablo III from Blizzard.
Check out the games and details of PS4 at eu.playstation.com/ps4 - make sure you bookmark it to stay up to date with all the latest PS4 news.