Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 3.70.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 10 August 2011. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 3.70 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 3.70, you will need a minimum 190MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 3.70
TV/Video Services has been added as a category to the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) Menu
You can use video streaming services under TV/Video Services on the XMB Menu. Some services require that you download and install an application.
- The icons that are displayed may vary depending on the country or region of use and the availability of services.
- For some video streaming services, the icon for the service might appear under the TV/Video Services category instead of the Video category.
- The TV/Video Services category is not displayed in the XMB Menu when none of the services in this category are used.
- For information about displayed services to be updated, your PS3 system must be connected to the Internet.
Saved Data Auto-Upload
You can store new and recently updated saved data for PlayStation 3 format software in Online Storage automatically on a regular basis. This feature is exclusive to PlayStation Plus members.
Other new or revised features in version 3.70
- MPO (Multi-Picture format) files for 3D photos and multi-angle photos can now be displayed under Photo and in [Photo Gallery].
- A feature has been added for sharing information about products in PlayStation Store with your Friends. By selecting [Recommend] on the detail page for a product, you can send a message introducing the product to your Friends.
- 3D playback* of Blu-ray Java™ ("BD-J") content is now supported. You can now enjoy BD-J content recorded on Blu-ray 3D™ discs.
- DTS-HD audio output is now supported while playing Blu-ray 3D™ content*.
* A stereoscopic 3D compatible television that complies with the 3D standard and a high-speed HDMI cable are required to watch 3D content. Some content might not play in 3D or might not play at all.
"Blu-ray 3D" is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- Trophy information can now be synchronized with the server automatically on a regular basis. This feature is exclusive to PlayStation Plus members.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.