Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 1.80.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on May 24, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software
version will be 1.80 and the following features will be updated.Main features that are new or revised in version 1.80
- Upscale game or DVD output
You can now upscale the video content of PlayStation format software, PlayStation 2 format software, or DVDs to HD resolution.
- Using remote play (via the Internet)
You can now use remote play over the Internet.
- Copying saved data to a memory card
You can now copy saved data from PlayStation format software or PlayStation 2 format software to a memory card or a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2).
- Using the DLNA client feature
You can now display images, or play music or video files, that are stored on a personal computer or digital video recorder with DLNA server functionality over a network. Other new or revised features in version 1.80
- [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
- [RGB Full Range (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super White (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Bit Mapping (Super Audio CD)] has been added as an option under [Music Settings].
- The [Test Camera] option under [Accessory Settings] has been changed to [Camera Device Settings].
- [Printer Settings] has been added.
- [Media Server Connection] has been added as an option under [Network Settings].
- You can now edit CD information.
- A new type of slideshow display pattern has been added.
- You can now use zoom display for images.
- You can now trim images.
- Super-White and x.v.Colour output are now supported.
- Downscaled output of Blu-ray Discs is now supported. When 720p is selected for the video output setting of the PS3 system, Blu-ray Discs that were recorded with 1080i/1080p resolution can be played with 720p resolution.
- You can now move copy-prohibited saved data for PlayStation format software or PlayStation 2 format software to a PS3 system.
- The options menu items for [Download Management] have been changed.
- [Display Photo] has been added to the voice / video chat options menu.
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PlayStation 3.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.