Get the low-down on the new games, apps and services announced for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita at our gamescom 2013 press conference.
PlayStation 4 games
From SCE Worldwide Studios:
- Hell Divers: a new Cross-Play title exclusive to PlayStation for 2014.
- Shadow of the Beast: a new vision of an iconic Amiga game.
- RESOGUN: a pure arcade shooter boasting addictive and challenging gameplay.
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: only on PS4, this is from indie developers The Chinese Room, award-winning makers of acclaimed title Dear Esther.
- Rime: an open-world adventure puzzle game from Tequila Works.
- New video of inFAMOUS: Second Son, the hugely anticipated title from Sucker Punch Studios, as well as brand new footage of Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer.
From our publishing partners:
- Yves Guillemot from Ubisoft hosted a live demo of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
- The Watch_Dogs movie in partnership with Sony Pictures was announced.
- We re-emphasized the importance of our publishing partners in maintaining trust amongst fans, with reference to Destiny, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, EA Sports FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Skylanders SWAP Force, War Thunder by Gaijin Entertainment and Minecraft by MoJang.
We provided an update on some of the independent studios developing games for PS4 and showcased a wide range of upcoming titles, many of which will be available on PS Vita too.
PlayStation 3 games
- We announced an innovative partnership between Gran Turismo 6 and leading car makers to bring exclusive concept vehicles to life in the ultimate racing simulator.
- In addition, Sony Pictures is developing a full-length feature film inspired by the GT franchise. Produced by Michael Deluca and Dana Brunetti, the film will capture the adrenaline of the racing world and a human dimension will be inspired by GT Academy.
- Rockstar Games' highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto V was given a release date of 17 September 2013 alongside a reveal of the GTA V PS3 bundle.
- We revealed LittleBigPlanet HUB, a new free-to-play service coming to PS3 that lets gamers access an extensive library of games and an expansive array of entertainment services.
- Upcoming independent titles showcased included FEZ (Polytron Corporation), Rogue Legacy (Cellar Door Games) and Supermagical (Tama Games).
PlayStation Vita games
- Library of almost 150 dedicated games and access to over 900 titles across PSP (PlayStation Portable), minis, PS one and PlayStation Mobile.
- The new PS Vita Mega Pack announced.
Over 25 new titles are coming to PS Vita including:
- Top-selling Borderlands 2 from 2K Games.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes from Warner Bros and Football Manager Classic 2014 from SEGA, offering continuous play between the PC and PS Vita versions.
- Killzone: Mercenary, launching on 4 September 2013, demonstrated the PS Vita system's potential to deliver a home console quality first person shooter with graphics and gameplay to match.
- Tearaway, launching on 22 November 2013 and winner of the E3 Critics choice award for best handheld game, showcased the PS Vita system's ability to deliver truly innovative gameplay with that distinctive Media Molecule charm.
- Murasaki Baby has been designed specifically around PS Vita touch controls by start-up Italian developer Ovosonico, led by acclaimed industry veterans Massimo Guarini and Gianni Ricciardi.
- BigFest, a free-to- play game where music fans are invited to create, build and manage their ultimate music festival working with real unsigned bands in a unique collaboration with online music portal Jamendo.
- The highly anticipated Starbound from Chucklefish, the smash hit FEZ from Phil Fish and the sequel to one of the highest rated shooters of all time, Velocity 2X from FuturLab plus many more.
- New entertainment apps: TuneIn, VidZone and IGN.
- Enhanced Music Unlimited specifically for PS4 through a new user interface that is faster, simpler and better enables gamers to discover new artists and songs within the global catalog of 22 million tracks. In addition, a "Play as you listen to music in the background" feature will be ready for PS4 launch.
- Over 20 video services and apps are coming to PS4 across Europe: Watchever, Maxdome and LoveFilm (Germany), Wuaki and TotalChannel (Spain), BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, BBC News, Demand5 and LoveFilm (UK), Tvigie (Russia), RTBF and DVDPost (Belgium), Ximon (Netherlands / Belgium), Pathe (Netherlands), Viaplay (Nordics), and FilmoTV, Jook and GameOne (France).
- Twitch, the world's leading video platform and community for gamers, will come to PS4 globally and will enable gamers to enjoy live streaming of game plays as part of the "spectate" feature on PS4, enhancing the PS4 user experience.
- Broadband partnerships with: Deutsche Telekom, Orange (France), Virgin Media (UK) and ONO (Spain).
- When it launches on PS4, PS Plus will give members access to features such as the Instant Game Collection, cloud storage and immersive online multiplayer play along with the exciting new titles RESOGUN and #DRIVECLUB for PS4.
- Great perks announced for the service including a 14-day free trial with every PS4 purchased and 90 days free upon signing up for a year's membership.