[Automatic Update] is a feature under Settings > [System Settings] that can be used by PlayStation Plus members.
Trophy synchronisation, game update data, video files and the latest system software update data can be automatically downloaded and installed according to the time period you set. This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation Plus members.
On: Set to use the automatic update feature.
Off: Set to not use the automatic update feature.
- After selecting [On], use the directional buttons to select the time period during which you want the system to automatically download the content. If required, follow the on-screen instructions to confirm settings for automatic login to your system under Users and automatic sign-in to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- This feature can be used on only one PS3 system per Sony Entertainment Network account. When this feature is set to [On] and [Automatic Update] has already been set on another PS3 system using the same SEN account, the setting on the other PS3 system will automatically be set to [Off].
- The PS3 system must be in standby mode (power indicator is lit solid red) during the time period when you want the system to automatically download the content.
- System software update data will be downloaded automatically but not installed. You must install the system software update data manually.
- The PlayStation Plus icon is displayed for content that has been automatically downloaded. Any content that has been automatically downloaded and installed but has not been used will be automatically deleted after one month.
- Automatic Update will not be performed if the amount of free space on your system's hard disk is less than 5GB.
- For individual games, select [Yes] when the [Upload saved data to online storage] option appears the first time you load a new game. This option cannot be set up from the [Automatic Update] setting.
Automatic update options
You can select the following update options under Settings > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update]:
- Download game patches
- Download the latest system software
- Download recommended games and videos
- Sync trophy information with the server
- The [Upload saved data to online storage] option must be set for each game. This option cannot be set up under this setting.
- Set to [Off] to cancel all selected automatic update options.